Friday, March 13, 2015

I Really Want To Love This Gun

I really like the idea of having a standard cartridge to use in all my guns. Revolvers, carbines, autoloaders. But alas, all my guns use different cartridges. But maybe, Heizer Defense has come to my rescue.
credit: HeizerDefense.com
They have promised to release their pocket rifle-caliber single shot in 7.62x39 at the next NRA show. Since my carbine is in that caliber, I would be one step closer to standardizing my firearms. And with the ability to switch barrels, I could still use the gobs of battlefield pickups, during the coming zombieesque apocalypse.

I do have a few concerns. The grip profile makes me think that shooting it would be equivalent to chopping wood with a full-tang axe without a handle. But then again, there are so many experts out there that state that you don't notice the recoil during a violent encounter. I guess that's why so many cops are practical sharpshooters with .40 S&W on the street.

 Also, I really think that they could have made the extra effort and produced a double-barrel version. Maybe Heizer Defense is avoiding a litigious conflict with Double Tap Defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics