Saturday, May 31, 2014

The "More Perfect" Gun


"Glock Perfection" is Glock perfection - not necessarily everyone's perfection. You first might assume that it is the best that Glock could do, and that - when Glock dragged its feet about reasonable innovations, like nested recoil springs and adjustable backstraps - Glock thought HE knew better than you. But "Glock Perfection," at its core, is a marketing slogan, an advertising tagline. 

There is no perfect gun. Everyone has to adapt to the weapon they choose, for multiple reasons.

But When The Balloon Goes Up blog asked if there is a perfect gun, Ron Larimer went through a laundry list of guns that are close, but are not quite there. And the Glock 19 was at the top of his list.

credit: Wikipedia.org

I think with guns we are where all forms of attempting perfection will be: not quite there.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. [emphasis added]
- Preamble to the U.S. Constitution
So what gun would be my perfect gun? Well, here was my input to Mr. Larimer's essay:
Ruger SR9 would PROBABLY be my “more perfect” choice. It fits my hand perfectly, but - for me – it’s extremely top heavy, so I’d probably exchange the adjustable backstrap for a lead one. Three dot sights make my eyes wig out, so I’d have to get rid of a couple dots. Oh, and wait, I’ve never fired one. D’oh!
Time to try one out and see if the SR9 is perfect - for me.

credit: IMFDB.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics