Thursday, August 23, 2012

Favorite Wine

I've drank a lot of wine over the years. While living with my wife in New York, we defaulted to Chianti. It's very Italian, and so is she, and so was the part of New York City we were living in.

But what's my favorite? I just finished a glass of Pinot Noir paired with a meatball sandwich. It did not have enough flavor or weight for the sandwich, nor for me.

I like Merlot. Very fruity. I like Cabernet Sauvignon. Nicely balanced. But my favorite?

Shiraz. The Australian Sirah. Good body. Spicy. And it goes great with spicy Doritos and Pringles. Yes, I primarily pair wines with chips. Ah, it's great to be American.

1 comment:

  1. Answering this age-old question has always been tricky. :) I actually have two favorites, depending on my mood (cliché, but that’s the best way I can put it). When I feel like being romantic, I go for Chardonnay. I like the rich and buttery taste, which goes well with seafood. When I feel like being on the couch all night, eating cheese and crackers, Pinot Gris is there for me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics