Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ruger P95: Tauted As Quality Budget Gun, Again

Once again, the Ruger P95 is recommended as a quality budget gun - this time by Guns & Ammo. Guns & Ammo's 8 Quality Carry Guns for Under $400


Yes, I own one, so I am happy about its inclusion in Guns & Ammo's list. But as an out of the box carry gun, or duty gun, I think, depending on your hand-size, that one of the other suggestions would do you better. If you can grab it with a vice-like grip and still pull the trigger, then you're good to go. If you can splurge for a bicycle-inner-tube grip sleeve, then you're good to go. But if you don't want to fiddle, or actually do modifications, then possibly you should look further.

The S&W SD40 and FMK 9C1 seem to have a leg up on the Ruger P95 as far as grip ergonomics go. I've heard crappy things about the S&W SD-series' crappy trigger, but I've never shot it. I haven't heard a thing about the FMK 9C1. So I want to try both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics