Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Thin Double-Stack Sub-Compacts: Down The Rabbit Hole,

 My wife wants to get a handgun for CCW. In the past she was dead set on the Ruger LCR. Now she is open to a semiauto and likes the Urban Carry holster.

Well, I was thinking about going gun commonality with her. Whatever she gets I'll eventually get. No problem. 

But then the wheels started turning. I set on the Kahr CW9 as a benchmark for some reason - for my wife. Thin, full-length grip, light.

So, the Kahr CW9:

credit: Kahr.com


Height: 4.5"

Width: .9" 

Length: 5.9"

Capacity: 7+1 (Compatible with 8+1)

Weight: 17.7 oz

But then that gun commonality thing in the family went by the wayside. Or did it? Could I steer her to a thin doublestack? 

Ruger Security-9 Compact

I became really intrigued by this gun, when I compared it to the Kahr CW9.

Ruger Security-9 Compact:

credit: Ruger.com

Height: 4.35"

Width: 1.02"

Length: 6.52"

Capacity: 10+1 (compatible with 15+1)

Weight: 21.9 oz

So, it is bigger in a couple dimensions -but not much bigger.

Possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics