Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Revolvers Are Great (Part 1)

Well, we are in a holding pattern for my wife's pistol-purchase permit. And my wife doesn't want to hear a thing about guns - for her - until she can get her hands on some and buy one that day.

In the meantime, I had been convinced that she would end up with a single-stack 9mm or .380. Now I'm not so sure. She shoots revolvers well, and she likes how easy it is to see that they are loaded. Also, I'm getting intrigued by revolvers again. I haven't had one for a long time, and I might even consider getting one - or two - for myself.

Besides my wife's attraction, why the change of heart? I'm concerned about capacity, but single-stack guns don't have much anyway. So then I was considering a Ruger Security-9 Compact, which is pretty thin for a double-stack gun and doesn't weigh too much. But more weight is more weight. 

Also, on a totally frivolous note. I like the idea of a derringer back up to a .38 revolver.

Back to what my wife wants.

She really liked the .357 Magnum Ruger LCR. But it's a little pricey. She shot the J frame lightweight S&W and thought it was okay. I was not all that impressed with the Taurus revolvers. They all seemed to weigh too much, but I kept seeing ads for this thing:


The Taurus 856 Ultra-Lite. 

And I was at a gun store and handled the polymer Taurus Public Defender. And the trigger was - good!

And my wife wants a gun with some color - if possible. So more wheels started turning. Though some semiautos have a pallette of colors. 

credit: GunsWeek.com, Taurus Spectrum
 
Some revolvers are even gaudy.

Credit: Charter Arms, Undercover Lite

And some revolvers are in colors that might be acceptable to my wife.
Credit: TaurusUSA.com, 856 Ultra-Lite

NEXT in series: Revolvers Are Great: Interlude (Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics