Sunday, February 8, 2015

The C̶a̶l̶i̶b̶e̶r̶ Cartridge Debate, Part II: A Clarification


I complain about this, but I've gone and done it. I've used terms interchangeably and most likely incorrectly. To clarify what I am getting at I provide these definitions:

service cartridge: In the last post in this series, I referred to "major calibers" as what conventional wisdom says are okay to use for self defense. Well, I should have said "service cartridges."

Well, that's it for that. Because from re-reading my first post in this series, I discovered that I pretty much had fell upon the correct terminology toward the end of it. So a cartridge is a cartridge like a .40 S&W or 10mm, and a caliber can be both. Also, a "service cartridge" means a cartridge that is appropriate for self defense as a government official or not, instead of "major cartridge" which means something that puts you in a different class in gun games.

TO BE CONTINUED
PREVIOUS POST IN SERIES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics