Saturday, December 9, 2023

Replacement Carry Gun (Part 1)

The Premise

I've always wanted to get a subcompact like a Glock G26 or - later - a microcompact like the SIG P365. Well, I've never been too quick obtaining a sight picture with really short-barrel handguns. And by fiddling around with my Ruger P95, I realized that I don't have much of a problem with concealing a "full height," "full length" pistol. I canted the pistol just so and viola it disappeared. But it was the width that was giving me grief. The Ruger P95 just dug into me. The thing is just so damn thick with levers and stuff sticking out all over the place.

So I'm now looking for a pistol that is a just about as big but thinner. And of course, there will be other criteria. Let me see ...

Decent capacity. Let's say 10+.

Fits my hand.

Reliable.

Decent sights.

Weight.

Easy on the wallet.

Easy on the eyes.

The (Possible) Choices

Avidity Arms PD10

1911

SIG P365 XL

Ruger Security 9

Glock G43X

Kahr C9

NEXT POST : Replacement Carry Gun: The One To Be Replaced (Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics