Sunday, December 17, 2023

Replacement Carry Gun: The One To Be Replaced (Part 2)

credit: egunner.com

PREVIOUS POST: Replacement Carry Gun (Part 1)

I've had my Ruger P95 for quite some time. Let's say it's been about 15 years. 

In my last post about a replacement carry gun, I focused on the thickness of the Ruger P95. But it is also the weight that gives me grief. So, here's a look at the dimensions of my Ruger KP95R15.

Firstly, the exact model: KP95R15

"K" means stainless slide and I assume levers and such.

"R" means rail.

"15" means the standard magazines hold 15 cartridges.

So back to the DIMENSIONS.

length: 7.3 inches

height: 5.6 inches

width: 1.4 inches

weight: 27 ounces

SHOOTING IMPRESSIONS:

It is a little thick for my hands. I shoot it best with a vice-like grip front to back with both hands. I literally compress my shooting hand with my support hand. Also, I made my own grip sleeve with a bicycle inner tube, because the grip is a little slick. So, I am looking to also avoid those issues.

MODIFIED CRITERIA:

So, it looks like I am looking at getting a pistol that is thinner, lighter, and has better ergonomics.

NEXT POST: PARSING THE CHOICES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, suggestions, and ratings.

Clicky.com

Real Time Web Analytics